Feb 6, 2007

MY GRANDFATHER

Lots of Good Memories with Ji-Ji

My grandfather passed away on February 3rd.
I was really sad, but last three days I was remembering all memories that I had built with him with his remain.
Since I am the second daughter in my family, there were a couple years my parents had to concentrate on taking care of my elder sister.
So I went to my grandparent’s and since then, my grandparents were like my parents for me.
They took me to many places, and we shared a lot of things.
When I said, “I like Cookie Monster!”, he went to the US and bought all Cookie Monster goods he found, although he never knew the character and he could not speak any English.
When I said, “I am collecting (toys or character goods, etc)”, he was the one who went to as many toy stores as he could and got them for me.
He took me to local public bath and made me to take bath with him till I became 8 years old. I felt embarrassed to take bath with all men, but I was happy when he introduced me to all other people proudly.
He wanted to take me to everywhere, so when he got a scooter, he gave me a ride, although he never had a license, and it was illegal two persons getting on one scooter.
I loved sleeping on his stomach; it was big and very comfortable.
I was so happy when he was laughing when I talked about myself.
He loved watching me doing many things.
The last thing I showed him was Hula dance.
He laughed so much, but enjoyed watching it.
He scolded me only once.
I remember that he was trying so hard to be patient about the argument I had with my sister, but we never listened to him.
I remember that I was so sad to see him being angry and sad, so I never wanted him to be disappointed with me since then.

When I was thirteen, it was a difficult age and I was not willing to spend my time with my grandpa.
And when I was fourteen, he became sick, and he got disabilities.
I regretted how I felt about him.
I started going to see him to the hospital, and since then, I decided to be as close to him as possible.
As I wanted to be close to them, I chose to go to the university where was very close to their house.
I really really have loved my grandpa, and he loved me so much, too.
When I decided to go to the US, he was really sad but never said no.
The last time I talked with him on the phone was one week before he died.
We talked about my work, and his voice sounded very fine.

He was really nice to all people. He was such a loving, giving, person.
I want to be like him.
Although I could not give him back what he did for me, but I promise him that I will love people like he did, and will be a giving person to my children or grandchildren like he was.

Became a long one, but wanted write how great my grandfather was on this blog.

No comments: