Feb 14, 2007

ST. VALENTINE'S DAY

Valentine’s Day

Today is Valentine’s Day in Japan.
I went to a department store to get tons of chocolates for my co-workers.
In Japan, there are two kinds of Valentine’s gift, one is obligation chocolate, and the other is real love chocolate.
I went to buy lots of obligation chocolates and felt silly to spend money to buy those.
Also I wonder if they would be happy to get those…
Especially, in Japan, there is White Day, which is the day men who got chocolates on Valentines, have to buy something back to those women.
I give 7 bucks to 25 bucks chocolates to them, and they will give me back more expensive stuff.

Valentine’s day in Japan is the day when girls can tell their loves to boys.
Therefore, boys don’t buy anything on that day.
I remember when I was 9 years old, I went to a boy’s apartment to give a chocolate, and his mother answered the door, and felt embarrassed.
When I was thirteen, that was the first time I made cookies by myself, and failed.
I cried and asked my mom to let me try again, but she didn’t.
I had to give ugly cookies to a boy I liked.
When I was sixteen, I went to a boy’s bus stop to wait to give a chocolates and a gift.
I knew he had a girlfriend, but I gave them anyways.
Two years ago, my American boyfriend gave me a Valentine’s gift.
That was the first experience for me to get a gift from a boy on Valentine’s day, and I felt weird, but was happy.
There are lots of stories about Valentine’s Day in my life.

No comments: