Mar 28, 2007

NEW NAILS

Missing Long Nails

I have been thinking to make my nails short, but never did.
These are the craziest I have ever done, right before I cut my nails.
I always wanted to polish my nails black so I did only for two and a half week I was in the US on business. (I know these are not appropriate nails for business trip either, but were a great hook when I talked with people!)
In food industry, to get customer’s trust, long nails are not appropriate.
However, I insisted that I could keep my nails long because I was not the one who cooks or who sells our products.
Once my boss asked me, “What would you do if I tell you to cut your nails or at least make them simple?”
I answered, “If it will be an order, I would obey you without understanding.”
Seriously, I did not mind to make my nails simple or short if that would affect my work as a professional businessperson, but I could not see any reasons unless I move to other department.


I cut my nails like this in a picture the other day.
First, I did not feel comfortable to show my nails since it was like I am walking outside without any clothes.
I still want to make my short nails neat from now on.
Because I think sometimes people judge you by looking especially in Japan at business situation.
They look how shiny my shoes are and how well I dress to be looked professional.
By looking at my fashion style, they try to see what kind of person I am.
I can’t be too fancy, but I also can’t be too boring or miserable to make other person feel attracted to me.
When I first started working in Japan, I was amazed how much it cost to meet their needs.
Now I have tons of suits, but not shoes.
I was just mentioned how bad I am looked with my old miserable shoes…
Right now I am too broke to get nice pair of shoes.

Anyway, I wrote a lot about how I have to dress at my company, but the reason why I did my nails simply because I loved it.
It was fun to keep them long and got arrangement.
I cut my nails only because I wanted to keep my nail healthy!
However, I have missed my long nails sooooo much.
I might go back again soon!
I could write this long entry with nail topic, so can you tell how much I am crazy about nails!!??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your nails look so good plain! I like them with all the precious stones too, but what a nice change. Now if you quit smoking you'll be 99% pure.

r.bun

YU said...

r.bun
why not 100% pure but 99%??