Mar 26, 2007

LONG SATY IN LA

Famima!!

During my business trip, I was in LA for the longest time.
I was there for six nights.
Whenever our company sends me for research to the US, they tell me to go to LA.
I always reject it since I don’t know anything about LA.
I was in LA probably twice in my life, and both for Disney Land.
This time, I could not reject to go to LA, since I had to attend a conference.
It was actually a good one, which I wanna attend the next year too.
This time I was so miserable on the first day I was in LA.
I was the only one who was by myself at hotel in Anaheim, but all people at hotel looked so happy and got excited to go to Disney Land with all their family.
I did not have a car on the first day and could not go out at all till my friend in LA took me out.
From the next day, I got rent-a-car, and went to Down Town.
And I found this Famima!!


Famima!! came from Japan.
It is called Family Mart in Japan, which is a big convenience store.
There were a couple Famima!! in LA.
There are lots of Japanese food, snacks, drinks and magazines at the store as you can see from the picture.
It is like a Japan town in other States, but I saw American people got in just like a normal convenience store.
Still different from Japanese Famima!! but I was so happy to see Japanese convenience store in America.
I had always thought it would be a good idea to bring Japanese convenience store to the US.
Japanese convenience stores are way different from American convenience store.
How so?
Well, there is everything you would need in emergency situation at Japanese convenience store.
For example, pens, notes, stockings, tooth brush, CD-R, batteries, nail polish, rope, and of course all foods and drinks.
It was something I missed so much when I lived in the US.
I hope this kind of convenience store would spread in the US.

No comments: