Mar 31, 2007

ROUGH DAY

Artisan and I

This is my favorite place at work, where we study our products.
This is a place where I talk with an artisan whom I really respect.

Recently, I think a lot.
Well, I am a person who tends to think too much about lots of things.
But I like myself that way.
I have lot of positiveness at work, and I can get excited about work all the time pretty much.
However, once in a while, I loose all my confidence about what I am doing, and started to be scared of carrying my ideas out.
Yesterday was the day I got freaked out.
I have a responsible for one new big project at work somehow suddenly, and got more work to do.
Actually I was interested in the project and wanted to do it, but once I got it, I got scared.
Whenever I realize how weak I am like this, I get depressed and things get worse.


After a depressing meeting, I went to talk with the artisan about other project we are working on together.
By discussing about stuff, I was shocked about his perspective to see stuff.
He was not exactly talking about my problem at that time, but I got a hint from him.
He might realize that I was struggling about something.
Maybe because we talk everyday… When I don’t go see him, he comes to see me at my desk.
We were not like this before…
As I wanted him to produce what I describe, I went to pursue him every single day and kept asking.
He has a strong artisan sprit, so he does not like to do things that he does not agree.
He has refused to see me a couple times before because he did not wanna listen to me.
So it is interesting that how much we talk and hang out now.
These are Mont Blanc he made based on my request as a product for our Internet business.
Whenever before I ask him an order, I have to think a lot and describe well.
I really appreciate him being such a difficult and strict person so that I could study a lot before I talk with him.
If I did not meet him, I think the way I think about work would be different.
He is not a businessman, but he is such a great artisan.
We are in a different field but I have learned a lot from him.
Anyway, I might be too simple but now I got powered up and feel like succeeding the new project for sure by a small hint from the artisan.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Sorry you had a rough day, bun.