Mar 29, 2007

LAST DAY IN THIS WORLD

He Will Always With Me

Last Thursday was the day our family laid my grandpa’s ashes to rest.
Because of Japanese culture, or religion ( I even don’t know if this is different from other countries…) we kept my grandpa’s ashes at my grandma’s house for 49 days since he died.
We believe that my grandpa’s sprit is still there for 49 days after his death.
After 49 days, which was last Thursday, we went to his temple and laid his ashes in his grave.
We prayed in front of this beautiful thing.
Since I am not religious at all, I don’t know much about it.
I just know my grandpa’s and my religion are different, which I realized on the day he died.
He had a great friendship with his bonze, so we could have a great warm funeral for my grandpa.
I really think my grandpa was very lucky person to have good bonze.


I still can’t believe that my grandpa passed away.
My dad told me that he will be with me all the time from now on since he went up to heaven on the day we laid his ashes to rest.
Since I don’t know much about any religion, but I love to believe whoever say something sounds right to me, or help me.
Believing my grandpa went to heaven and will watch me from above helps me a lot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's a bonze?

YU said...

r.bun

A bonze is a monk, like a Buddhist priest.
I looked up a dictionaly, but i guess I picked a wrong one...

Ryan said...

All of this writing must be good practice. You keep improving!

YU said...

Thank you, bun!