Apr 4, 2007

CHANGING BOARD

Unique Item In Tokyo

I went to Tokyo on business the other day.
It was the first time for me to see this strange stuff in a public bathroom.
I had seen a board to change a diaper for a baby in a public bathroom, but this was different.
It is called “Changing Board”
I saw a couple in different bathrooms in Tokyo.
This is a board to change clothes on in a bathroom.
I was wondering how many people had used this.
At the same time, I was wondering why they decided to spend money to have this board.
It is so nice of them to have this kind of stuff, but it made me laugh…


I don’t change clothes in public bathroom anymore now.
A public bathroom used to be such an important place for me as a high school student.
I went to a strict catholic school, and wore a uniform since I was an elementary school student.
We were prohibited to have pierces, keep hair down, or make uniform skirt be above our knees.
All of us wanted to wear a mini skirt, so we wore a belt all the time.
The belt was our secret item.
After we left school, we run into a public bathroom and used belt to hold our skirt.
We held skirt with a belt, and hid the part with a jacket, and hung out in a town.
Still we could get in trouble if we saw our teacher who patrolled a town to make sure if we went home straight.
It was kind of fun to do as many things as we could by going to a very strict school.

Anyway, this changing board somehow reminded me of my high school days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post.

Daniel Winokur said...

hey yukako -- what is the purpose of this changing board? is it because the floor is dirty? Also -- wouldn't the changing board be dirty too?

I'm confused!

YU said...

Dan,
Hahaha, I see your point.
Yes, I think the changing board would be dirty too eventually, but still they think it would be better than being bear feet on the floor in the public bathroom to change their clothes.
Still I feel weird though...

Daniel Winokur said...

I have to say, while this changing board thing makes no sense to me, it makes me want to visit japan even more!

-Dan

YU said...

Dan,

Yup! You should come and see these crazy stuff in Japan!