Apr 12, 2007

USED TO BE

Hang In There

These are pictures I hang on the wall at my apartment.
I love putting many pictures at my apt.
I started doing it since I saw so many pictures at American houses.
Especially, I thought it was neat to have lots of family pictures on refrigerator.
Now there are so many picture flames in my apartment with pictures of my family and friends.
Whenever my friends stay at my apt, they look at those pictures to kill their time.
The other day, my friend and my friend’s friend came over to my apt to stay, since we stayed my bar too late at night and they missed their train.
When we got home, my friend told to the other person who was looking at my pictures, “ Yeah, yeah. She used to be so cute, huh?”
I was like “Wha???”

I was shocked by two facts.
“I USED TO BE cute??” and “ I got changed since I was early twenties??”
Dang, I believed I had not changed since I was twenty!
But it seems like not…


Actually, I know I am getting old but still I believe I can be looked 5 years younger than my actual age.
In the morning, when I was preparing for work, I was told, “You are getting old… I can tell…”
I think my friend was paying back to me since the night before I told “ You look older tonight. You need to get a hair cut. And you seems like you gained weight, etc…”
We tease a lot each other and discuss about serious topic like our jobs or future.
We have been friends since we were in Denver, and both of us have gotten older compared the time we had no responsibility in school.
Now both of us were struggling in a society and tired.
My friend was really noisy by talking in the middle of night without consciousness about work.
I was also noisy with grinding my teeth and found a gray hair in the morning…

Ahhhh, full of stress… Life is tough, but we are hanging in there!!

No comments: