Apr 26, 2007

MORNING SPEECH

How to Feel about Holidays

In our office, we have a short meeting every morning.
At the meeting, one of us has to give a morning speech for a few minutes to get used to speak in front of a decent amount of people.
Today one of my co-workers from sale department gave a speech about holidays.
It was a comparison of Japanese workers and American workers.
He said that majority of Japanese workers listen to the radio or watch TV on holidays, 30% of them use holidays to take a rest from their daily hard work.
And the rest of Japanese workers use holidays just for fun.
He mentioned an interesting point the Americans work for holidays but Japanese take holidays for work.
I have never thought about it, but it might be true.
If it is true, I am more American way to think about holidays.
Actually, I get nervous on a Sunday when I hang out with my friends till late at night because I get worried about my new week to go.
However, when I have a fun plan for my day off, I feel really happy and get more energy to work.
I think myself that I am a type of person who can work hard by looking forward to my holidays.


In Japan, there is a vacation time, which is called “Golden Week”, from the end of April to the beginning of May.
Since there are many national holidays during the time, we can get a one-week straight vacation if we are lucky.
This year, I only get vacation time for four days.
But I decided to go to Philippines with my boyfriend.
Since my vacation in Philippines will be a week to go, I am very motivated to work.

My sister asked me which is the reason why I am excited about this vacation.

1.To see my boyfriend, who lives far away from Japan
2.To go on a vacation with my boyfriend
3.To getaway from work
4.To getaway from Japan

Of course because of all the above!
Can’t wait to go to Philippines!!

No comments: