Apr 17, 2007

OPENING BUSINESS

My Friend’s Business

I have some friends who open their business or who are going to open a business.
Last month, I attended one of my friend’s birthday and engagement party.
They are my friends from college in Japan.
I went to Kyoto University of Foreign Studies, and my major was English.
Some of them from the same major, and most of their major were Brazil Protégées, and one of their major was French.
I don’t have so many friends from other major, but I became friends with them at café in campus I always killed my time.
Most of my friends lived in apt close to college, but I went to college from my parent’s house by one and a half hour train ride every day.
So when I had one class break, I usually spent my time at café with other students.
When we saw at the party, we exchanged our business cards, and felt weird that we are now working.
I had not seen one of the boys for 8 years since he quite school when he was junior.
We were quite good friends, but lost in touch, so we were so surprised to see each other at the party.
And more than that, I was very surprised that he became a president of a company.
I was thinking we would never know what would happen, because he was not a president type of person.


These are kids who are trying to open a noodle restaurant.
They rent a small apt to study noodle and eat noodle everyday there.
I have known one of the boys since I was a leader of YMCA which is 10 years ago.
He was one year older but I used to teach English.
The other boy is from Westin Hotel who was a main chef at a Japanese restaurant there.
Since they rent apt close to my place, they sometimes call me to ask me to taste their noodle.
At first time, I could not believe that the boy was a main chef, since they tasted pretty bad…
I gave them strict comments because I wanted to be honest, so I thought they would never invite me.
But they call me again and again, and each time, they get better and I got impressed.

Whenever I see those friends from old days change a lot, I am so happy for them, and also I get more energy.
I think I am lucky that I have lots of friends whom I can share or learn about many things in many fields.

No comments: