May 10, 2007

PHILIPPINES 1

1st day in Philippines

I was in Philippines last week with Ryan.
It was my first time in Philippines, and I was a little nervous before I got there.
Everyone scared me saying that I might get kidnap or get something stolen.
However, it never happened!
But it was good ting to be careful wherever I would be, right?
I had a chance to go to Philippines when I was a high school student, and I was looking forward to going there.
I was going to go there as an exchange student for a short time.
It got canceled at the last minute, and since then, I never thought I would get another chance to go there.
It was Ryan’s idea to go there since he has his cousin there.
First impression of Philippines was hot!!
Second impression is that it was so crowed with people, motorbikes and cars.
Everything I saw from Ryan’s cousin’s car were new to me and was interesting.
It was a while since I saw Ryan since the last time, but I even could not concentrate on being happy to see him!


We stayed at Shangri-La Hotel in Manila.
There was a big grocery store near the hotel, and we decided to go check it out.
We tried to enter the place from the exit door without knowing the system.
A guard man with a gun stopped us strictly.
I was surprised because it is just a grocery store, and they had to check my bag!
Before we went to a grocery area, we had some snack in front of the area.
There was a lot of people and I got hit by a big shopping cart.
I did not see who hit me since it hurts so much!
It was as big as American grocery store, but less variety of stuff.
This meat section on the picture above amazed me.
There was really stinky part, and I found bigger fish section.
I think they were not happy to see us taking pictures, plus I saw a lot of guard men with gun, so did not take many pictures not to got shot.

Anyway, the first say in Manila was very exciting.
I had already been glad to go to Philippines on the first day there.

No comments: