May 14, 2007

PHILIPPINES 2

The Second Day In Philippines

We had breakfast at closest restaurant from Shangri-La hotel in Manila.
It was pretty good Philippine breakfast, but the problem is that servers and we can’t communicate well…
During this trip, I asked Ryan to speak with people in Philippines most of the time.
It was very difficult for me to understand their English, and was hard for them to understand my English.
Since I relied on Ryan too much, and finally my English became really bad.
Ryan asked me, “Are you tired? Your English is getting bad”
I was laughing because I knew that I was not trying hard to speak well.
He started talking with me in Japanese, and we communicated in Japanese when we were by ourselves.

It was Ryan’s idea to go to Borocay.
He got a flight tickets for us to fly to Borocay, which is 1hour away from Manila by jet.
Somehow he booked a flight for us to go to Borocay separately.
I was fine with that, but after I he left me at the airport and I was not sure when my flight would leave, I was getting nervous.
Finally I got on a jet, and fell in a sleep.
When I got up, the door of the pilot’s space, and saw him reading newspaper.
I saw the flight attendant was struggling with her headache.
Some white stuff from outside came into the jet.
I got scared and started getting upset.
When I finally got to Borocay, I was so tired and upset.
However, after I saw this beautiful beach, I became soooo happy.
How could I keep being upset after I saw this!
We headed to our hotel by jet boat.
Kids who came to pick us up from the airport helped us carrying stuff.
We assume that they were under 18 or so, but they worked really hard.
I felt people in Manila are quite different from people in Borocay.
After I spent half a day in Borocay, I thought a lot about my work in Japan.
Anyway, the second day in Philippines was a good day.

No comments: