Nov 22, 2007

Welcome to Japan

Japan Is A Friedly Country

Today was a good day.
I am working at my company here in Japan now because of a big incident in August.
I was planning to move back to the US by quitting this job, but at that time, our one of the biggest customers got in big trouble and we were in trouble too.
We could not sell our products when they had to stop their business for three month.
However, today was the day they started their business again.
Now our company learns that we should not rely on our big customers too much.
It was such a hard lesson for us, so now we try to do something new which we don't have to rely on other companies.

By the way this picture is snack we got in Nagano when we visited a farmer yesterday.
I was so happy to be welcomed like this.
Speaking of "welcoming", I discussed with my American friend about immigration fingerprinting and photographing in Japan.
He was really upset about it saying that Japanese people are racist.
Actually I was not any feeling about this news.
I thought, "Whatever".
I was a bit surprised that so many foreigners are upset about this.
Because I was not upset when American people started doing it at their airport and made me put my finger on a machine.
I simply understood that they have to do what they have to do.
When I talked with my friend, I realized how uncomfortable the foreigners who come to Japan to get to know us.
It actually is not good way to welcome foreigners to our country.
I want them to understand that now Japanese government is messed up, and they started doing it without thinking much stuff.
Maybe we just wanted to copy America.
I want lots of people from all over the world come to Japan and want them to like us.
It is such an unfortunate that many foreigners feel that we are racist now.
Bad journal today since I am not ready to discuss about this topic, but just started thinking about it.
Anyway, I want all the people in this world think we are friendly and want to welcome people from many places.

No comments: