Feb 7, 2009

Dream Comes True

My Final Decision Was Made

Today was my X Day.
Today was the day I talked with my dad.
I was waiting and see when would be the good timing to talk with my dad about my future.
About my new job waiting for me.
Anyway, I woke up and went to lunch with a guy whom I have not seen for 7 years.
I met him at Wealth Management Seminar of Citi Private Bank.
Rich kids from all over the world got together and learned how to make money, how to judge what’s valuable, and make good friends.
We had that seminar in New York for 2 weeks.
I was the one who feels that I was the only one who is not as rich as they were.
The way they spent money was crazy, and the way they hang out every night in New York was unbelievable.
I don’t know why I was at the seminar when I was 23 years old.
I got home-sick spending two weeks at W hotel in New York, and I remember that I missed my boy friend at that time back in Denver.
Yuichi, whom I had lunch with today, was other Japanese in that group.
He took me to a real good Chinese restaurant.
We talked a lot and it was kinda weird to see a friend only for 2 weeks after 7 years.
He let me eat lots of good food and two kinds of deserts!!

At night, I went to my parents’ and had dinner together.
And talked with my parents about my future.
I told him how thankful I feel that he let me work at his company.
But I also told that I can’t be confident to take over his business because that I don’t have confidence, passion and the fact that I can’t forget my desire to move back to the US and be in a hostility world.
After I talked, he said to my mom,
“What do you think? I think it is good.”
I was like WHAT??? That easy!?!?!?
He said,
“That is a reliable company, and that is what you have always wanted to do. And trying to be independent by yourselves like that is good thing”
My mom was really happy that I got the job in the US from her heart.
It was unforgettable night I had.
I made a decision without my dad’s help for the first time in my life and he approved it!
I strongly feel that believing helps you to make your dream come true.
Finally I am going back to the US.

Well, but depending on visa…
Keep my finger crossed about it.

4 comments:

Katalina said...

I'm going to California, March 3-10!!!

and congratulations on your accomplishments!! We can email back and forth if you want to! (^-^)

And you can call me!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Yu! I knew you'd make the right choice. Ganbatenne! Bill

YU said...

Katie. Where in California are you going? Jealous.
Yeah, let's keep in touch by e-mail or phone.

Bill. Thank you for all your encouragements. I really appreciate!

Katalina said...

I'll be in LA for a week! :)

I'll give you more details later!