Feb 12, 2009

Thank you

To People Who Care About Me

It was a weird day today.
I went to Tokyo office, but the person whom I had an appointment with took a day off suddenly and it was canceled.
So I took a flight to Osaka and had lunch with my sis at the airport and went back to office in Osaka.
I got a call from vice president saying he wanted to talk with me.
It was such unusual and I got really nervous.
I came in to his office and he asked me what I thought about my department and my boss.
I told everything honestly.
And he started asking me what I was thinking to do in the future.
It seems like he heard about me leaving office and go to the US from my dad.
He tried to stop me really hard.
I did not know he cares bout me so I was so happy.
He was really smart guy and he was never emotional.
But today, he tried to pursue me saying how much they need me for this company.
I was so glad to hear honestly, but my mind was not changed.
He said my dad was not perfect when he started working for the company, but now he is great so I don’t have to be worried much.
I told him that I had already made my mind and told him that I had been thinking about this so long.
And told him that I really want to work hard till I leave and leave something big behind me.
He said he would totally support me and wish that I would change my mind later.
He said that a lot of people would get shocked if I leave.
If I talked with him before, things had been different, but it was too late.
But I really really appreciate about the fact that someone tried to tell me that I was meaningful for this company.

I will see how much I can do the rest of days I work for the company, but I will definitely work really hard.
Still I think my decision was the right thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu,
Back from holiday -- good to read your blog again! Yes, it's always good to work hard until the very end, and have them say, "Wow, we really miss her!" rather than, "Whew! I'm glad she's gone."

It's entirely possible and maybe even probable that you will work for that company again someday -- maybe in the distant future. The liklihood is still there -- so always best to leave on the best of relations with everyone. It sounds like you're doing that!

I'm sure you'll be very much missed, but in a way, I bet your present company thinks maybe you'll be back with them someday too! Working in the US is valauble experience -- good for employee and employer in long run, especially when employee is in management.

Good luck in your new endeavors, but keep your present obligations going strong in the meantime. I know you'll do that!
Ganbatenne!
Bill

YU said...

Thanks, Bill.
How was your holiday? Di you go somewhere?