Jan 12, 2007

Best Sushi Ever

Japanese Real Sushi


Japan is famaous for Sushi.
However, I wonder how many people have eaten real Sushi in their life.
What is real? Well, something really fresh and with small good taste sushi rice, looks beautiful etc, etc...
Definately rolls or 100 yen sushi can't be called "real sushi", although I love them.
This (picture above) is the best real sushi that I ever had.
They serve 5 pieces of Sushi on a plate each time.
And each time, there are different kinds.
They are beautiful and soooooooo good.



This is a sushi place in a fish market in Osaka.
Since it is in a big fish market, their sushi is really fresh.
My friend sometimes takes me to this place for lunch.
He is a good friend of my father's, and he is like my 2nd Dad.
Whenever I got lost in my life, he is always there and listens to me.
He once told me, " I want you to get married eventually. To learn how to share your life with somebody is really important. It does not matter if you would get divorced or not. You just should experience married life in your life, and it will help you to be more mature".
He is an engineer and usually a quiet person who does not talk this kind of thing.
We were just having dinner at other place after work six months ago, and suddenly he told me that story.
I still remember what he said, and I felt really happy to have this kind of person who gives me lessons about life near me.



This is California Rolls from Safeway in the US.
It was nasty... I gotta say.
But I only had this picture of California Roll.
As I said, I love California Rolls, which we rarely can find in Japan.
I think they are fun, and taste good.
My favorite is Philadelphia Roll, which has salmon and cream cheese in it.
I used to work at Sushi restaurant in Denver for a short time.
I learned a little bit about techniques of how to make Sushi.
So maybe I shuld have Calidornia Roll Party at my apt in Japan.
Humn, it might be a really good idea.

Anyway, there are so many kinds of Sushi in the world, and I wanna try all those!!
Sushi is not my favorite Japanese food, but I have to admit that it is a Japanese food that we should be proud of.

No comments: