Jan 8, 2007

My Weekend Lunch

Today is Coming-of-Age Day!



Today, January 8th Monday was Japanese national holiday.

This national holiday is called “Coming-of-Age Day”.
All young kids who just become the age 20 attend the ceremony on this day to celebrate this day.
When we become 20 years old, we can drink and smoke in Japan legally.
More than that, from age 20, Japanese kids are considered as “adult” and start having all responsibilities.

I went to University of Rochester for summer when I was 20.

Someone took me to the bar, but I got big X marks on both of my hands.

Although I was over aged in Japan, I could not drink in the US…

I was shocked that they used a big black pen to write them on my hand, more than I could not drink on that day.

I thought it was ridiculous that I could not wash off those marks on my hands for a couple of days!!

Anyway, because of this, I got a day off from work today.
This is the menu I had yesterday, Sunday.
Noodle!!

This is instant noodle, but by adding cooked stuff separately makes this instant noodle taste much better.

I added cooked beef and cabbage, boiled egg, seaweed, a tube shaped fish paste cake, and sweet mushroom.

Sprinkle some sesame on the top at the end.

This is not too hard to make, but taster really good.



This is the other menu I had today for lunch with watching TV.

This is called Yakisoba.

This is really easy to make, so I sometimes cooked for Americans when I lived there

They liked it!!

It is lots of fun to make these easy recipes for lunch on weekend.

In Japan, we make lots of dishes for dinner, and it is a lot of work.

However, lunch is more casual, so this is such good time for me to cook one favorite dish by myself.

Since I am working till late at night and go out very often, I don’t cook much more.

Moreover I don’t like to eat by myself.

Still I like cooking, so I sometimes invite my friends for dinner to eat together.

I should get used to eat by myself, so that I can cook more, improve my cooking skill and save money!!

Anyway, I had such relaxing weekends this week!

No comments: