Jan 4, 2007

Tofu Restaurant

Tofu Lunch


Today I went to see one of my good friends for lunch.
Since I ate too much on holidays, I picked a restaurant which serves really healthy stuff.
It was $30 lunch course.
This picture is the main dish for the course, and we had more stuff before this.
Even though they say this is all healthy stuff, still it was a lot...

Check this English version of their web site.
This explains a bit about what they serve.
http://www.umenohana.co.jp/e/ume/menu.html

This is steam glutinous rice, clear soup, and Japanese pickles.
By the time I got to this dish, I was so full, but ate all.

I was at this restaurant with a girl whom I have known since I was an elementary school student.
We went to the same college and worked at the same place.
Those were such coincidences.
She went to Germany to study, and now she works for BMW dealer.
It is so much fun for me to talk with someone who is ambitious like her.


This is the last of the course, desert.
Soy Ice cream, black bean favor.
I bet it sounds really bad, but this is actually really good.
Sweet ice cream, but not too sweet, and healthy!!

Tofu is one of great Japanese food we are proud of.
Some say that it does not taste much, but as you can see there are many ways to enjoy Tofu.
And they all taste really good.
Anyway, we had such a luxury lunch time!


No comments: