Jan 16, 2007

Guacamole

Yummy Guacamole

This is a bowl of avocados in my boyfriend’s kitchen.
He lives in San Francisco, so we don’t get to see each other that often.
However, it is kinda fun that I can find something new about him each time I see him.
When I was in San Francisco, I saw him cooking and I was quite impressed.
He made tuna salad and guacamole.
They were both really good.
It is hard to get avocados in Japan, actually they are expensive.
So whenever I am in the US, it is like a paradise that I can eat as many avocados as I want.
Guacamole is my favorite Mexican, and the only Mexican food I eat.
Well, I eat hard tacos too, actually…
I hate those soft beans, because it is too different from beans which I used to eat.
We don’t have many Mexican food restaurants, so I don’t know much about Mexcian, but I just get disappointed easily whenever my friends suggest going to Mexican restaurant.



This is his Cooking Bible.
Whenever he cooks, he looks this cooking book.
I always wondering why English cooking books are so big and heavy.
My major was Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management, when I was a college.
So I had so many textbooks, which were really think and heavy.
When I had a cooking class and nutrition class on the same day, my bag was too heavy to carry with.
In Japan, we have many kinds of cooking books, and most of them are pretty thin.
It does not take much space, and it is easy to find one recipe.
The only problem about Japanese cooking book is that you sometimes cannot find one you are looking for.
In Enlish cooking book, it is convenient that there are all recipes in one book, but I am not sure if it has to be that big and thick…
I don't know why Americans don't feel weird to look up that think cooking book...
Well, do they?

No comments: