Jan 9, 2007

Sing A Song

My Singing Lesson Room

This is the place where I take a singing lesson after work.
There are two keyboards in this room, and my teacher, who used to be a professional pianist, plays any music for practice.
First, I took Gospel Lesson in a group at this school.
Since everybody in the group only speak Japanese, but not English, they sing all Gospel song without know what they are saying.
I felt sometime wired about it, so I decided to take private voice training, instead.
I mainly sing R&B.
I never listened much English music before, so I didn’t know many singers in the US.
So it was hard for me to turn in songs for practice to my teacher, which we have to do pretty often.
But now I downloaded so many English songs to my ipod, and have many songs I wanna try singing!
The song I am practicing right now is “Tell Him” by Lauryn Hill.
“Let me be patient, let me be kind, make me unselfish, without being blind….”
This is a song, which my friend liked, so he suggested me to practice this song, so I did.
Good song!

Her song is really difficult, but very fun to try.


This is how I learn singing at this school.
My teacher has made money by playing the piano since he was 14 years old.
He has worked with an American voice trainer for Britney Spears.
He is so talented, but really strict.
There are many students who want to be a professional singer.
I am not one of them.
I started taking this class, because I always like to sing a song.
I used to be a pretty good singer, when I was a vocalist in a band when I was 17.
However, I realized my singing skill is getting worse and worse by getting old.
So I started to go to this school after work to keep up my English pronunciation and singing skill.
It is good way to get rid of my stress from work!


No comments: