Nov 3, 2008

Many Thoughts

Thinking Many Things

I stayed at my parents’ last night, and could sleep in pretty well.
I had a big breakfast and this is lunch my mom made for me.
My favorite noodle.
A housekeeper, who has come to my parents’ house since I was an elementary school student, told me secret today.
She was like,
“I always can tell if you came for dinner the last night or not every week by looking at dishes. Not because more dishes than usual but there are more nice dishes when I am there for dinner.”
I knew that my mom cooks all my favorite dishes whenever I am there, but I did not know that she cares about the dishes for me too.
I felt appreciated to my mom again.

We went to a department store to get clothes for funeral.
Actually, doctor told my parents that my grandma would die pretty soon.
It could happen this weekend, but seems like she is now better.
I needed clothes for funeral, so my mom took me to the store.
It might sound cruel to prepare for grandma’s death, but I had to.
In Japan, people judge family members at funeral, especially if the person related to a company.
Too complicated to explain here, but in short, people don’t come to pray for the dead people but to see their family.
It would be sad to see my grandma’s death, but at the same time I want to let her go because she is too sick.

I went to Spa today after the shopping.
I have a cold so I shouldn’t, but I wanted to get relaxed.
I talked with a girl who game me a treatment a lot today, which I usually don’t.
She gave me many impressions of me and asked me many questions, which also she does not do usually.
It was interesting to hear how other people see me.
She told me about her own dream too.
Somehow I got encouraged by her today and got relaxed physically and mentally.

Had dinner, did laundry and cleaned my room.
Today was a national holiday in Japan, an extra day-off for me.
I gotta got to work earlier than usual and will work hard tomorrow.
I have already decided what to wear.
I am kind of excited to go to work tomorrow.
Hope it will be a good day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Yukako,
I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time now. I am a guy living in Alaska, but I once studied in Kyoto, Japan, on a Fulbright scholarship. My occupation is English teacher, but I have done other work before this. In summer time, I run a marine science camp, and I enjoy cooking very much. I also like travel and have been to New Zealand, Los Angeles, and San Francisco recently. I have a few friends in Osaka and have been there a few times also. Well, I just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your blog. And, since you just had a birthday, I will now wish you a (belated) Happy Birthday. I wish I could e-mail you, but I do not see your e-mail address anywhere on your blog. Mine is: akbill48@yahoo.com

Ja an ne,
Bill from Alaska