Nov 13, 2008

Women’s Power

Women are strong but scary.

I went to work in Osaka this morning.
I called American Bank Company to fight about my late fee.
Although I explained something was wrong because I have made full payment the last time I paid, they did not admit.
I talked with manager, but nothing changed, so I closed my credit card.
They were really automatic, so the manager explained really fast about what would happen when I close the credit card.
It did not sound that he was human being…
I asked the manager to speak slowly and then he spoke like a robot!!
What a jerk…

I took a flight in this afternoon to Tokyo.
I went to an office about our Organic margarine.
Our organic margarine will be on TV commercial with famous coffee in Japan.
The famous coffee company wanted to use our organic margarine as gifts for their campaign for 400 people.
That’s really good news for us!
After that I went to attend a special dinner for women who manage a company in food industry in Japan.
I was the youngest and I was so nervous when I had to introduce myself in front of 30 people.
Guest speaker was a big star in Japan and Taiwan.
She is an actress and singer, who is a good friend with Jackie Chan.
Too bad that I could not take picture of her.
I was not brave enough to do it because I am the youngest girl there.
I learned a lot from lots of elder women.
It was such a great opportunity for me.

I forgot to bring contact lenses and had to wear these red glasses today.
They might not be appropriate for the business dinner…
These women are smart great people, but some were like high school girls although they were 50s.
Some talked to me and spoke ill of others…
I hope they would not speak ill of me because of these crazy glasses…

This is a view from my hotel tonight.
Nice view, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu,
Your dinner in Tokyo looked great! It's been a while since I had good tempura. I like eating in some restaurants in Pontocho -- all the different small dishes with seasonal garnishes. Oishikatta!

Do you ever want to eat some healthy "comfort food" like tofu? One place I liked for that in Osaka is called UMENOHANA (Kyobashi) (COMS GARDEN B2F, 2-6-1 Higashi-Noda-machi, Toshima-ku). (06-6351-4511). I know it's a type of chain restaurant and I don't usually like that type, but that place is pretty good and the staff is very friendly. It might make a good place for a girls' night out dinner. You can have a tatami room there and it's not expensive. http://www.umenohana.co.jp/e/ume/index.html

You might like it sometime. (More fun with a group though, for sure.)

Ja a ne,
Bill

PS: The red glasses look great on you (Yu)!

YU said...

Umenohana is one of my favorite restaurant!
I live close to that restaurant, so I go there sometime.
Interesting that you know that place!

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu,

Oh, you know that place! Small world, neh? The other "comfort food" I liked in Osaka was takoyaki. I forget the name of the shopping mall where I bought that, but I liked it. Oishikatta!

I cooked empanada tonight. I learned that in Buenos Aires.

I read about your palm reading. When you make your choice about your future career, remember that family is at the top of the list in terms of importance.

Hey, I heard everyone at the food expo in Tokyo was talking about the girl with the Kansai-ben accent! Word travels fast! They say she charmed everyone!

Alaska Bill yori

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remembered where I ate the tako-yaki. That was at Takashimaya department store in Osaka. Those were yummy.

Bill