Jan 9, 2009

Dancing Night

Dancing Party

It was a fabulous night!
After work, I was incited to a party as a dancer.
I danced Hula at a bar for unknown people.
I am not a real dancer, so not sure if we were good, but it seems like they enjoyed our dance.
We danced the one we are now practicing for a stage in March.
These are members!

After we danced, everyone danced.
There was a professional social dancer at the party.
Somehow, I danced with the dancer.
I always wanted to learn social dance so I was so happy to dance with him.

During we danced, I shouted to my friend, “I got it!” and dancer guy was laughed.
I guess I did not get it, but I thought I got it.
Well, but enjoying dancing was the best no matter how I dance, right?

After the social dance, Brazilian girls came to the bar to dance!
Samba!!
Oh my, look at her costume!!
Wow...
We all danced Samba with them.
They were there for like 20 minutes, but I wonder how much they get to paid.
They were good by the way of course.
It was my first experience to watch samba right in front of me!

What a night!
It was so much fun.
Now I am ready to learn social dance!

3 comments:

Katalina said...

I LOVE DANCE!!!

I use to dance ballet, belly dance, and i know some salsa. it's been a long time for ballet though. I do remember i did some ballet on New Years Eve.

I'm glad you had fun!!! (^-^)

Anonymous said...

Hello Yu,

Wow! You and your dance group look great! I took social dance class when I was in junior high school. I went to private Catholic school and for some reason they thought we should know waltz and other social dances.

When I was working for two summers in Buenos Aires, I loved to watch tango!

Oh, by the way, for a while there was a salsa dance place right at the beginning of Pontocho...just not too far behind the Lawson's Konbini there before the bridge across the Kamagawa. It was run by two guys -- one Hispanic guy from US and one Korean (they met in Texas and were both great dancers). I met them last time I was in Kyoto. I can't think of the name of their club right now....but it has a southwestern US motif on the sign...a coyote (like a wolf) and a cactus. You walk down the stairs to the club. Those guys were nice and they teach salasa dancing there too. You and your friends might enjoy it -- if it's still there. You know how clubs come and go. I hope it's still there!

By the way...you have an elegant forehead and you look very nice when you have your hair the way it looks in your Hawaiian dance pics this night! Your whole group looks fantastic! Even better than the Brazilian girl! hahahahaha

Ganbatenee!
B.

YU said...

Belly Dance!? That's something I also want to learn!!

Club in Kyoto? Tell me when you remember:)