Jan 2, 2009

Still Eating

2nd day in 2009.

Still haven’t decided my own goal in 2009.
I went to shopping with my sister in Kyoto and we all came back to Osaka this evening.
And Voila.
This is what we had dinner tonight.
It is not Japanese traditional new year dishes, but still a lot of good stuff.
Ah, I can’t eat, no, I don’t wanna eat anymore.

I went to my sister’s afterwards, and I stayed over at her apartment.
I watched American drama, “The OC” till in the morning.
How come I can’t stop watching videos once I started?

5 comments:

[NoFoodMeAngry] said...

where all the food go? hehe

YU said...

To my stomach:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love Kyoto style cuisine -- many small dishes with seasonal ingredients. For New Year's I cooked fish with a soy-ginger marinade, rice, miso soup, steamed asparagus, and some yakisoba. I made the yakisoba with some scallops (hotate ?) and shrimp (ebi). Also some New York style cheesecake and some champagne that was made with pinot noire grapes -- oishi katta!

Bill

YU said...

Wow, you said your wife is Japanese??

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu,
No Japanese wife...sorry (I am not that lucky! hahaha)...but I had Japanese girlfriend and her family owned a Japanese restaurant. I designed a new restaurant for them and was project manager for building that. So I also learned to cook a few Japanese dishes -- not too much...yakitori, yakisoba, nori maki, sukiyaki, tempura, terriyaki steak...basic things really. I enjoy cooking for friends as a hobby. I like Japanese style food because it is light and healthy. I can cook a few Thai dishes, Mexican style food, Italian, and some French style dishes. Since I live in Alaska where there is a lot of fresh seafood, I like to cook preparing ebi, kani, salmon (sakai) too. Oishi!
Bill