Jan 1, 2009

A Happy New Year!!

Hello New Year

I appreciate lots of people who support me.
Thank to everyone who support me, I could get this new year 2009.
We traditionally wear kimono and we have a little family serious new year party in the morning on January 1st.
However we decided not to wear kimonos.
It is kinda sad, but it was also hassle to wear them only for a couple of hours.
We had our morning ceremony with our grandma’s maid who is 96 years old.
He hardly hear us now…

After that we went to see our grandma who is in a nursing home.
She can’t understand anything, but at least she opened her eyes and saw us.
After the visit, we went to shrine as every year, and also went to our office to pray.
Then, we drove down to Kyoto to celebrate with my other grandma.
She could come to Osaka to celebrate with us but she cared about out dead grandpa and wanted us to come to Kyoto.
Now she is thinking to move to Osaka and live close to us.
She seems like she was pretty excited about it,

We just kept eating and eating.
I love Osechi, Japanese New Year’s traditional dishes.
Guess how many items we had at the dinner table?
60, sixty!!!
This is the day I feel lucky myself to be born as Japanese.

Woff, I ate too much…

No comments: