Jan 11, 2009

What Am I Gonna Do?

Gotta Make A Decision

My sis got home late last night so I ended up not to go to her apt last night.
I went to bed early instead.
So I went to my sis’s today for lunch.
This is what she cooked for my lunch.

After I hung out with my sis, I went to have dinner with my old student.
He just started working from last April, and felt weird to see him in suit.
So nice to get a phone call from students I used to teach like this.
We had Monjya Yaki and went to bar as always.
Lately, I think I am addicted to drink, not alcoholic though,
I enjoy drinking.

Today I got e-mail from the company.
Yes, I got the job.
Now I am nervous.
Should I really take this opportunity??
I just can’t see myself being in that company for good, but this would be a great opportunity for my future career.
I still have not talked with my dad, and when I think about it, I get stomachache.
I will get some advice whom I trust and will think about it for a while…
I won’t rely on fortune teller this time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu...
Oh, you have a decision to make. When I make decision I prepare a list of "pro" (good) and "con" (not so good) points as a place to start. Then I compare the two lists to see which has the most "weight."

If your stomach aches when you think about it, maybe that is telling you something too -- maybe changing jobs right now is too much stress.

Also, US economy right now is not good (as is the same most places right now, even Japan). But job security is questionable in US market right now.

You have a difficult decision -- yes, I suggest you talk it over with someone you trust, and if after that you're still leaning toward accepting, well, then you must speak with yoru father about it too, neh? It is nice to have options and opportunities, but sometimes our best opportunites are right in front of us and they're so close we can't see them clearly.

Ganbatenne! I have confidence you'll do the right thing.

Bill

YU said...

Bill, thank you very much for your advice. I really appreciate it.
Yeah, I will talk more people think about good and bad about the new job and will talk with my dad.

Thank you for the supportive comment!