Dec 9, 2008

Becoming Famous

Our Product @ A Famous Restaurant

Yey!!
Our product is on a menu at a famous Japanese family restaurant from today!
The pie I put yesterday.
My assistant and I went to the restaurant and had the menu.
This is the part I like about my job.
Finding our product at actual store or restaurant make me happy.

We are getting bonus on 15th of this month.
So I have to explain all my assistants how I evaluate them.
I talked each of them one by one.
I am not sure all of them agreed but glad that I got it done.
It was hard because none of them got a good evaluation...

I went to gym tonight after work.
We ran really hard!
However, we went to eat from 11 at night.
What's the point to got to gym? I know...
But I felt pretty good by doing some exercise.
I gotta keep going to gym, "Gold Gym"!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having your company's product on the menu in a famous restaurant! I want to taste that! It looks yummy!
Bill

Katalina said...

おめでとう!!!

The food looks really good!! :)

YUさんがおもしろいです!

でもジムの偉大な運動です!(笑)

YU said...

Thanks guys! Hope you guys can taste our products in the US too...

Katieのブログもおもしろいよ。

Anonymous said...

Oh, Yu, when you mentioned evaluating your employees, it reminded me of something I learned when I had a brief internship with Kyocera, Ltd. (now Kyocera-Mita) in Kyoto when I had a Fulbright scholarship there.

At Kyocera every employee (everyone from the CEO to the janitors) are evaluated in three areas twice a year: ability, effort, and attitude.

What makes it interesting is that they use a system of multiplication to come up with each employee's ranking. For ability, an employee can receive anywhere from 1 to 10 points; for effort, it's also 1 to 10 points; but for attitude, it goes from -10 points to +10 points. So if an employee receives a negative score in "attitude," the entire score lands in the "negative" column, since the scores are multiplied together for the final result.

Research has shown that a negative attitude can be very harmful to the success of a department or company -- that's why a positive attitude is valued so highly. I think the Japanese recognize this, maybe more so than western companies, and they work to improve employees' attitudes if necessary. I like this approach and have used it myself in evaluating employees.

I'm sure your company has its own methods and forms -- I just thought you might find the Kyocera approach interesting.

Ganbatenne!
Bill