Feb 23, 2008

Aloha In Waikiki

Hula Girls On A Stage

I started washer for my laundry last night, and before it got done, I fell a sleep.
I was so tired, but I got up at 4AM and took all my laundries out from the washer and dried them, and checked all e-mails.
After the mess, I went back to sleep and got up at 9AM.
I packed my suitcase for Hawaii and left to have lunch with my sister.
I hung out with her for a while and left to the airport.
I was not excited about this Hawaii trip much, because I was not interested in traveling all the people from work.
However, after busy days from convention, I was getting so excited and was looking forward to going to Hawaii with them.

I had to take Northwest airline which is the last airline I choose.
I don’t like their service and I think their airplane is cheap.
All of us sat in a group, and I sat next to a huge guy who smelled like sweat.
I feel bad that I don’t know his name, but I talked with him nicely for a while.
Since our flight was only for 6 and half hours, I was rushed to get a sleep.
Because we were going to get to Hawaii at 8:30 AM, I thought I would get a bad jetlag.
So I was sleeping but the guy split a glass of water ON me.
I asked a stewardess to give me a new blanket, but she blamed on me saying that I overreact with water.
She goes, “It’s just water. Let it go”.
Her behavior pissed me off.
I told her, “I am not a kid, so I know it is just a water and it would get dry. But it is wet now, and I feel uncomfortable. Do you have a new blanket?”
I argued with her a while and decided to write a comment card.

I can’t believe people who are in a hospitality business do such a bad behavior!!
Anyway, we arrived at Hawaii and of course, I was stopped at the immigration.
It happens a lot lately because I have so many stamps on my passport.
It is such a hassle all the time.
After we left the airport, we took a sightseeing bus and did sightseeing and shopping.
It was fun to see all my colleagues’ private style.
Most of their fashion is out of the day.
They wear suits all the time, so they don’t have good taste for their private clothes.
Kinda funny.
We had 100 year anniversary party for our company at Hyatt in Waikiki outside.
8 of us danced Hula with Ukulele players and singers.
Everyone wanted to take a picture with us, and we were like famous star.
People praised my dance since I was the only one who has practiced Hula for 2 years, and other practiced only 2 days.
I could talk with a lot of my bosses and colleagues and had such such a good time.
My dad and mom were there too.

After the party, my roommate and I went out to town.
All the stores open till 10or 11PM, unbelievable!
We shopped a lot and had ice cream at Cold Stone!
I missed all this American life!
It is soooo fun.
I think I can getaway from work for these 3 nights!
Yeahhhhhhh!!!

No comments: