Feb 2, 2008

Memorial Day

Memorial Day for My Granpa

It has been one year since my grandpa died.
We had a memorial day in Kyoto from this morning.
My grandma, my uncle, and my mom, dad, sis and I went to a temple and went to his grave after that.
Whenever I go to Grave I remember this poem.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am in a thousand winds that blow
I am the softly falling snow
I am the gentle showers of rain
I am the fields of ripening grain
I am in the morning hush
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight
I am the starshine of the night
I am in the flowers that bloom
I am in a quiet room
I am the birds that sing
I am in each lovely thing
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there I do not die
by Mary Frye


Such a nice poem.

We had lunch at Udon place, which my granpa loved.
And we hung out at my grandma’s and went to dinner at Stake house which was also my granpa’s favorite restaurant.
We talked a lot about my grandpa, although I still can’t believe that he passed away.
I decided to stay at my grandma’s to spend a night with my uncle.


Uncle Koji and I went to Karaoke by ourselves after dinner.
And now we are drinking together by watching and writing this blog!
I appreciate my grandpa to let us get together like this.
He must have be with us tonight.

No comments: