Dec 1, 2007

Communication Day

Casual Saturday

I totally misunderstood that today was casual Saturday.
Because whenever I go to work on Saturday for meeting, I wear casual clothes.
I went to work with black half pants, long boots, white shirt and black turtleneck sweater, and moreover black net pantyhose.
When I got into the office, I got freaked out.
Everyone wore pair of suits like weekdays.
Dang it! I soon realized that I made such a big mistake…

I stated interviewing all people in my department under me.
It was interesting to listen all their problems.
One of a man below me got promoted one position today.
I had never gone out to eat with him by ourselves, but I decided to celebrate him like I was done by my boss.
He is 39 years old and I felt weird to take him out as a boss, but I did.
We had such a good conversation, and it was good method to know him and other employee’s feeling.
It might take a while to understand all the employees, but I wanna know them little by little by talking one on one.
I could never thought me doing this kind of things soon after I got back from the US.
Very Japanese.

After I had dinner with Mr. Horiguchi, I saw my friend, Mitsunori, who just opened noodle place.
We went to my bar from late at night.
He is struggling getting lots of customers and I really could understand how he feels about it.
We were at bar as the last guests tonight and went to have a cup of coffee afterwards.
It is very interesting to listen stories about opening business, even it is a little restaurant.
I wish I could help them but I feel disappointed that I don’t have anything to do.
The only thing I can do is listening to them…
Friends are corporate each other like listening each other when one of us is down maybe, I hope…
Anyway, I am sooooo sleepy and getting so excited to sleep now.

No comments: