Jan 14, 2008

Cold Cold Day

Shopping On A Cola Day

Last night, when I left home, I was so surprised at how cold it was outside.
I did not wear warm clothes last night, but I regret because it snowed outside.
I am so sleepy tonight.
I just got home and on the way back here by my bike, I was almost fall a sleep.
I am that sleepy.
I have to get up earlier than usual because we will have a meeting to hear what our company’s goal this year from our owner.

Today I went shopping at an outlet mall.
I could not find what I want much there, so I stopped by “home center” sort of place, like Wal-Mart in the US.
Therefore, these are all I got for today.
Shoppingholic, huh?

Today was a happy Monday, which means that we had a national holiday.
We get Monday off when we have national holiday in the week, so that everyone can get 3 days off straight.
Good system.
Today was a national holiday, “Coming-of-Age-Day”.
All kids who become 30 years old will attend ceremony at each area to celebrate this day.
I attended the ceremony 10 years ago.
We attend the one in our area, so I could get to see lots of my childhood friends.
It was like reunion.

20-year-old is such a big deal for us in Japan.
We can drink, vote, and smoke when we turn to 20.
I had drunk and smoked before I turned 20, but I was happy that I could feel that I can do everything in public legally.
More than that, I felt really responsible when I turned 20.
I felt myself be adult!
I got a nice watch from my parents as my birthday present, and that birthday was such a memorable birthday for me.

I will be 30 years old, and I was very afraid to be.
But now I am sure that I will feel the same way I felt when I turned to 20.
I will feel more responsible and will feel that I become adult.

No comments: