Jan 2, 2008

Love Leftovers

Leftovers Taste Really Good!

I have eaten all day today.
There are so many leftovers from yesterday.
Osehchi (Japanese festive food for the New Year) is good for a couple days.
Japanese people tried to save energy for new years so we cooked everything at the end of December and keep eating the same thing from 1/1-1/3.
These are my grandma’s Osechi which taste a little different from my mom’s.
Both are really good though.
We got up early enough and we went to grave to say hi to our grandpa after breakfast.
It was so cold today in Kyoto.
After we got back from grave, we had Osechi again for lunch.
After we had lunch, my sis and I went shopping.
We wanted to get some stuff for our apt, but I had too many things at my apt already, so I did not get any furniture, but small stuff only.
We get bored easily when we are at our grandma’s so we keep eating, taking a nap, or going out for shopping.
Otherwise, my grandma keeps talking, which is good for her.

This is special soup for New Years, kinda miso soup.
Special soup for New Years is different depending on the region.
Osaka’s are clear soup and the picture above is Kyoto’s, which is white miso soup.
This is sooooooo delicious!
I always wish that I were American on Thanksgiving day, but I always think that I am lucky that I was born as Japanese!

We had Osechi again for dinner and came back to Osaka by car.
We are soooo full.
I promise that I will go on a diet from tomorrow with eating chocolates right now...

No comments: