Jan 5, 2008

Reunion

Old Company

Today was the 20th anniversary of my former office where I taught English to kids.
I had been a teacher for 4 years at a private school.
The kids I taught were more than 200, and I loved that job.
I had wanted to be a teacher since I was an elementary kid, so my dream came true when I was 18.
My boss was one of the persons whom I really respect.
I learned a lot about how life would be.
I used be a student of the school when I was 13-16.
So today I could see my old teacher, my colleagues, and also my former students who also experienced a teacher job.
It was a reunion, and I had such a good time with them.
When I worked there, I had experienced a lot.
I met so many kids and their parents.
I was scold so many time from my boss about my behavior, looking, the way to speak, and so on.
When I was down, there were always my companies to cheered me up.
I had had mean kids as my students, so I had cried a couple times.
There were kids who relayed on me and trusted me.
I taught how to teach to my younger colleagues whom I still hang out with.
Some of my kids came to school with drunk when they were 14, and had to call their parents and had a meeting till 1 am.
I was about to be rape by a 15-year-old kid, whom went on crazy by studying too hard.
I was only 18 years old to 22 years old, still young kids, but I put all my energy for the teaching job.

We had such a good time with such a good food.
Each of us had to give a small speech.
It was so interesting to listen to everyone’s memory about the school.
I was kinda nervous to give a speech in front of my old teacher and a person whom I really respect.
But I talked about my memories with them.
There were two things that I learned from my boss which I still keep in my mind.
One is that “Be the person who can care about more stuff than other people”.
This helped me a lot when I lived in American as a minor.
The other is that “Never limit what you can do. Say yes when you are asked to do something. Then your capacity will be bigger and bigger”
To be honest, my work is over my capacity now, but I still remember what she said, so I am trying really hard to make my capacity be bigger.
It was a nice reunion party today, but I drunk too much till midnight.
I am glad that I don’t have to go to work tomorrow.

No comments: